Infestations of termites ruin properties worth millions regularly. Moreover, termite infestations cost homeowners thousands of dollars annually. These statistics make pest control and infestation avoidance crucial. However, hiring pest control is a daunting task. Worry not because this guide covers everything you should know before contacting pest control.
You should first check for termite presence, which can be done by inspecting your home or property. The second step is to look at the insects themselves. If you see any wings sticking out of the ground, it would be wise to remove them immediately!
Termites are winged insects that live in colonies, meaning there may be several thousand individuals living together in one place at once! These colonies often grow into large structures made up of stacked wood logs or branches—and these structures will house all kinds of animals, such as ants and spiders, as well as other types of insect life, like crickets.
Estimating infestation damage
It is important to note that termites can cause damage to your home in a matter of months. Damage may be hidden, so it is important to inspect your home regularly and look for signs of colony activity, such as mud tubes, wings and faecal pellets.
Termites are often found by inspecting for small holes in wood or other structures that termites have damaged. You should also check around wood piles and inside any openings near sinks or bathtubs where food could accumulate after being eaten by the insects.
Treatment options offered by removal specialists
- Baits for Termites – These are bait placed in the ground, and termites eat them. The baits have an insecticide on them to kill off the pests, but they also contain other chemicals that help repel future attacks by other pests. They can be used for indoor and outdoor treatment and in cracks and crevices around your home or business building.
- Termite traps/boxes/traps with liquid bait (also called “non-chemical” ): These are similar to traditional chemical treatments except that instead of using toxic chemicals like insecticides or herbicides, these boxes use food items like sweets or sugary drink bottles filled with water inside which attract hungry termites which then get trapped inside the box where they die after consuming all those tasty treats!
Making an action plan
Once you’ve determined that termites cause the problem, making an action plan is essential. The most common mistakes people make when dealing with pest damage are:
- Panic – You might feel like things are out of control, but don’t panic! Remember that a professional pest control service can help you fix the issue quickly and effectively.
- Remember follow-up treatments – Even though you often hear people say they don’t need follow-up treatments after being treated for termites, this is false information! Many people think they don’t need further treatment because they need to understand how long insects like termites take to die off once their colony has been eliminated from an area.
Termite treatment is best left to professionals.
Pest control treatment should be left to professionals. While it’s true that you can treat termite colonies on your own when they’re small, this is not recommended because of the risk of spreading the infestation and causing more damage. If you have an infestation, the best option will be hiring a professional pest control company that can identify the type of termites present, provide treatment options tailored specifically for each species and monitor their progress during treatment.
Tips for choosing pest control services
- Choose a company licensed and insured: There are several companies in the industry, but not all are legitimate. You should only hire a reputable pest control service provider who can offer you their services with no hidden costs or fees. Pest control professionals should provide you with evidence of their licence, insurance coverage, and other essential details about their business operations before they start working for you.
- Check references from previous clients: It’s always good to ask for referrals from people who have hired previous pest control firms to compare the services offered by all available options available in your area before hiring one of them!